Tuesday, September 9, 2008

the life i live....

Before you read this, I should caution you: you may or may not get offended by my personal opinions. And as for my DISCLAIMER: my views and feelings do not express that of Healing Place Church's and keep in mind Im not pointing my finger at anyone in particular.

Interested?

Sooo yeahhh, so its been forver since my last blog because Ive been so consumed with church, school, work, and not to mention Gustav...that dreadful mexican hurricane. (i heart mexico so no offense) But since I started working at my job Ive really been opened up to the harsh realities of life and Ive started to notice just how stuck up the christian world can become.

"I love your Christ, but not your christians. Your christians are nothing like your Christ" -Ghandi

Thats right I busted the Ghandi quote soo sue me. or just get over it. I love this quote because it is soo true. Im a chashier at my uncle's gas station. Ive become friends with soo many different types of ppl. There's a 17 year old with a 2yr old little girl. 3 college boys who love to party and wear eyebrown piercings, lip rings, and tatoos, a black lady who never stops talking, a hippie, and not to mention some of our usual customers, the tatooed truck man whos as big as the rock (dwayne johnson), the alcoholic who comes in everyday, the old man and his girlfirend, the hooker, the Jamacian who sings sex songs, the mailmen who wear the tight short shirts, and the teen from school who finds someone to buy his cigarettes for him everyday. You think Im exaggerating?? Im not. Its all true and this job has become a decent part of my life now. One thing all these people have in common...their not christians. another thing. they know I am. But it doesnt matter because Ive realized that before this job there is a good chance I would have never given any of these people the time of day. Out of fear, or maybe in the back of my head I really did think I was better because I knew the truth and they didnt. But then God humbled me. And ive realized that he loves these people just as much as he loves Joyce Meyers or any great spiritual leaders. He loves them like he loves me. They are in fact people. Maybe many of you think I should be shoving my beliefs down their throats....WHITNESS TO THEM...but im thinking differently. My ministry is this: representing God by loving people. I never want to judge anyone because fact is. crhistian or not...none of us are perfect and theres a reason. I love these faces I see at work everyday, and I love them no matter what theyve done, what they're doing, or what they look like. God hung out with the robbers and the thiefs because he knew he would never reach anyone by staying in the little christian bubble soo many of us have placed ourselves in. I pray that these people see the difference in me and they hear me when I talk about God and speak of my church. Ive already had people ask me questions and I see that as opportunities. Here is the wisdom of a 16 year old girl who learning more each day...treat everyone the same. Love people. Goth, punk, prep, remember there just like you in soo many ways and youll never realize just how many unheard stories are out there if you dont take the time to give someone else your time. Dont turn your nose up at anyone. Bcause your not better than them no matter what. Money, appearance, whatever. It doesnt matter. God loves us all and his eyes theres something great about all of us. so reach out. Youd be surpised at the people you can befriend just by breaking down the barriers and getting over yourself. Stay strong. Have wisdom and courage. and please, think about this. Are you a stuck up christian? or do you have love for everyone? Do you agree with the Ghandi quote? And if so, what are you gonna do to change it? They say the number one reason people are turned away from God is because of the church. Let us not keep it that way. I was with some of my "christian" friends the other day and they saw a girl dressed a certain way and suddenly they started making all sorts of assumptions about the girl being a druggie, or doing bad stuff on the weekened and I couldnt help but get a little irritated, they had never even met the girl, and when I looked at her I could honestly find nothing wrong with the way she was dressed. Red skinnies, ghetto hat, she had her own style. Idkk. I just feel like God is opening my eyes to a world I never noticed before because I was too consumed with my "christian" bubble lifestyle to see it. And it truly is amazing all that hes doing in my life.


Thanks for reading.

PLease comment.

No comments: